Mysql5/PHP5 installed from ports on FBSD 6

Riemer Palstra riemer at palstra.com
Thu Apr 6 07:23:51 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:50:48PM -0700, Keith Woodworth wrote:
> Built from ports: apache 2.0.55, then mysql 5.0.19 and started it then
> built php 5.1.2 and installed the php5 extensions for mysql.

Sounds good.

> Active Persistent Links 	0
> Active Links 	0
> Client API version 	5.0.19
> MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE 	no value
> MYSQL_SOCKET 	/tmp/mysql.sock
> MYSQL_INCLUDE 	no value
> MYSQL_LIBS 	no value

Nothing out of the ordinary in this output. Is MySQL still running and
is the socket still there? Also, did you initialize the MySQL database
and set a root password?

> oh thats not good, seeing the INCLUDE and LIBS with 'no value'. So
> copy over a small test db and some php scripts to the new server, all
> I get output is 'error' when doing a sql query via php...nothing in
> httpd-error.log like my other php4/apache1.3 machine either, so I dont
> know how its failing.

By copying over a test db, do you mean importing an SQL dump, or did you
just copy over some files? Also, are the privileges on the test database
right and does it show up when you do a SHOW DATABASES; ?

And 'error' is the only thing the script spits out? That's a bit hard
for diagnostics, IMHO.

--
Riemer Palstra		     		      Amsterdam, The Netherlands
riemer at palstra.com				 http://www.palstra.com/