'make buildworld' fails

John Brooks john at day-light.com
Thu May 12 06:06:41 PDT 2005

I had a similar failure awhile back. Turned out to be a corrupted source
file, even though both the filesize and date were correct. Run the following
command against the file to look for non-printable control type characters.

  vis <filename> | grep '\^[^L]'

If this produces a result, do an MD5 checksum and then compare that to
an MD5 checksum of a known good copy of the same file.

The fix was to delete the file, run 'make cleandir' in /usr/src,
rm -r /usr/obj/usr, change to a different cvsup mirror in cvs-supfile,
run cvsup again.

--
John Brooks
john at day-light.com