Network oriented services with FreeBSD

laurent LF laurent_lists at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 25 13:38:01 PST 2005

Well, of course my question is too vague.
Typically, I would be interested to know if people use
FreeBSD boxen as routers, firewalls, for bandwidth
management / QoS, service load-balancing (like LVS for
example) or that kind of stuff in an ISP environment.
In which cases people prefer FreeBSD to a dedicated
hardware, why and on which scale. (why you prefer a
FreeBSD box to a 3660 or 7200 for example and for
which usage)

I know lots of things can be done but I would like to
hear real life examples.

Thanks,

Laurent