ISP Software

Mike Bloom mike at databloom.com
Fri Mar 25 09:32:53 PST 2005

Hi,

Have you tried dtc (/usr/ports/sysutils/dtc) ?

Although I love webmin, and am running it in production for three years
now,  I'd prefer to run something off my apache server rather than running
a standalone daemon like webmin does.

I've tried installing dtc through the ports collection, but haven't
managed to get it running yet ... I'll let you know if I do get it up and
running in the coming weeks.

> joe wrote:
>> Can anyone point me to a good all around software package designed for
>> ISPers that would do the job of say cPanel or something similar that
>> will work with FreeBSD. If there is something open source that would be
>> fantastic. Is FreeBSD 5.3 stable enough to be used as an ISP Box
>> (server)?
>
> I'm not sure what "cPanel" is, but perhaps something like WebMin would
> serve?
>
> Most of my servers are at 4.10 or 4.11, but I've got one trial machine
> running
> 5.3 that has been running just fine for ~45 days under a light-to-medium
> load.
>
> --
> -Chuck

Mike Bloom