Network oriented services with FreeBSD

laurent LF laurent_lists at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 25 06:24:00 PST 2005

Hi there,

We are planning to setup a new ISP and I am wondering
what kind of network oriented services you guys
successfully (performance, scalability,...) run on
FreeBSD boxes.
Not Web servers, mail or things like that (I know
FreeBSD is very good for that) but for example, can it
be used for l2tp termination, per user bandwidth
control, network load-balancing or that kind of very
network oriented stuff, in an ISP environment and how
does it scale compared with other solutions.

Thanks,

Laurent