Courier-IMAP not starting

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Thu Mar 24 09:57:18 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 09:39:21AM +0000, Stephen Matlick wrote:
> I am trying to set up Courier-IMAP now; I installed it, created
> authmysqlrc, and have followed the instructions I have found on setting it
> up from searches on the Net.  However, the app just won't start.  When I
> run imapd.sh or impad-ssl.sh I get:
>
> /usr/local/bin .: Permission denied.

That line looks like it tried to execute the directory itself.  Is
it possible there's an error in a config file somewhere?  Sometimes,
a config file needs an explicit trailing slash to convey things.

On the startup script, try running 'sh -x <script>' to see what
it's trying to do...

> Any help is appreciated.

Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842
Derry NH 03038-1725 USA			BSD admin/developer at large