sendmail authentication relay

Dominik Epple epple at tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Mar 15 03:19:08 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 11:21:31AM -0800, Arshkit Dullat wrote:
> /configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
> --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
> --enable-login
>
> and then "make" and "make install"

Why don't you use the ports collection? Should make your life easier.

> I tried to run the SASL Authentication Daemon :
> using the following command :
>
> saslauthd -a shadow

Are you sure this is what you want? Not perhaps -a pam?

> but I get this message ;
>
> [root at safari sasl2]# saslauthd -a shadow
> saslauthd[10615] :main            : could not chdir
> to: /var/state/saslauthd
> saslauthd[10615] :main            : chdir: No such
> file or directory
> saslauthd[10615] :main            : Check to make sure
> the directory exists and is
> saslauthd[10615] :main            : writeable by the
> user this process runs as.

So just create the directory and see what happens?

I guess using the ports collection and doing something like
'/usr/local/etc/rc.d/saslauthd start' (dont know the correct path
by heart and cannot check it atm since my FreeBSD box is at home)
will get your nearer to your goal.
--
ASCII ribbon campaign - against proprietary email attachments
()         "Why do people assume that everyone has         ()