inbound ssh ceased on 4 servers at same time

John Brooks john at day-light.com
Thu Jun 9 13:56:30 GMT 2005

All traffic must pass thru the firewall in order to reach the
inside network. There are no nat redirect rules for port 22, so
all port 22 traffic is intercepted by the firewall. The only
way to reach interior hosts is to specifically log onto the firewall
and from the firewall ssh into the interior hosts.

On some of my networks the firewall will only accept traffic from
specific hosts, dropping all others. (sshd is running on all hosts)
All of my firewalls are running hardened versions of OpenBSD. All
of the servers behind the firewalls are running FreeBSD.

--
John Brooks
john at day-light.com