Multiple IP MRTG or Similar

Lewis Watson lists at visionsix.com
Wed Jul 6 06:48:53 GMT 2005

bandwidth
usage on a per IP basis.  I know MRTG is basically the standard but I
am open to suggestions.  I seem to have trouble setting up MRTG myself
and have consulted several people for the purpose having them set up
MRTG.  They have told me they can only set up MRTG on FreeBSD for the
main IP of the server and not for each individual IP.  I know there
are providers monitoring the bandwidth of each IP in FreeBSD.  Which
script are they using to do this, MRTG, cacti, RRDTool, cricket?  If
someone could offer a little guidance to get me started I would be
grateful.  Thank you
Greg

Hi Greg,
Bandwidthd does a nice job of creating seperate graphs for each ip address or subnet.
http://bandwidthd.sourceforge.net/demo/

A more "versatile" solution would be to use netflow, which uses RRDTool and other resources.
http://wwwstats.net.wisc.edu/index.html

Good Luck,
Lewis Watson