SpamAssassian with FreeBSD and Big Mail Server

Christian Damm christian.damm at diewebmaster.at
Fri Feb 25 02:09:11 PST 2005

Suporte Matik schrieb:
> On Thursday 24 February 2005 11:43, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
>
>>>small: 1 > 10000
>>>medium: 10000 > 100000
>>>big: 100000 > ...
>>>(i.m.h.o - it depends on who is looking at this)
>>
>>30.000 domains (from personal sites to large traffic ones), only virus /
>>spam filtering and then relaying the mail to the "webservers" for
>>imap/pop/webmail access.
>>
>>BL rejecting makes a 70% of inbound mail for top 30 of them, but still a
>>hell lot of spam passes and SA just can't handle the load.
>>

> I just thought this was funny since you questioned before the obviously
> strange numbers small, medium and big but are telling us now "a hell lot
> of" ...

for me its not that obvious - he is running a mid sized mailserver
environment, accepts _all_ (or most of) the junk and trys to
sort/clean/trash it "after-queue" - with this config its clear that SA
alone cant handle the load (you can throw hardware at it but i think
thats not the way to go).

--

mfg.

christian damm
technische leitung
phone: dw 42
email: christian.damm at diewebmaster.at
icq at work: 124464652

die webmaster - flötzerweg 156 - 4030 linz - austria
phone: +43-732-381242, fax: +43-732-381242-22, isdn (leonardo):
+43-732-381242-33
homepage: www.diewebmaster.at, public email: office at diewebmaster.at