SpamAssassian with FreeBSD and Big Mail Server

Suporte Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Thu Feb 24 03:16:42 PST 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 06:32, Christian Damm wrote:
> thomas at hkeasyhost.com schrieb:
> > I would like to try dspam as well as I am using spamassassin, but dspam
> > are leak of docs on postfix supporting, and no one got experience with
>
> i can encourage you to do so - you wont regret it: the statistical spam
> filtering methods in dspam are miles ahead spamassassin`s (spamassassin
> on the other hand is an antispam framework where so many things can be
> done (rbl`s, razor, dcc, spf etc.) - i do things like rbl checking
> (wirespeed) on the smtp level with postfix so i dont mind.
> the postfix integration is dead-easy, really. the dspam docs could be
> better but the dspam mailinglist is quite helpful if you got questions.
> also consider using one of the many postfix/dspam/etc. howto`s out there:

I am not so sure here
I tried several different setups of Dspam and on small test servers 100 users
or so it actually worked but even so the false-positive rate was very high,
actually too high.
But another test server with only 2000 user dspam is lost already and it
didn't matter which store method I tried out, even a MySQL for it only. It
runs a day or two but soon a spam wave comes in message delivery time grows
up, memory goes up, the queue fills the disks and swap is eaten until the
server goes down on his knees. When I tried to get some numbers nobody
answered clearly and I only hear ohh I have lots of users but I never saw
something real.

spamassassin on the other side with good rules maintanance is hitting fine, I
get almost no false-positives and almost all spam is correctly identifies
which we drop into a spam folder with procmail. That is cool, no memory
excess and absolutly stable and reliable.

Hans

--

Infomatik
 implementamos asas na sua rede.