SpamAssassian with FreeBSD and Big Mail Server

Vahric MUHTARYAN vahric at doruk.net.tr
Wed Feb 23 03:00:40 PST 2005

Hi Everybody ,

            Really I don't know can I say a big mail server which have
30,000 mailbox on it 1200+ simultaneously connections (pop,smtp,webmail).
İncoming smtp connections are between 200-400 . We want to run spam software
on it but machine can't handle it for this reason we seperated machine
freebsd+exim+SpamAssassian but on 400 connection machine goes down average
is very high , cpu usage really too high .

            I want to learn Anybody Who have closer or bigger system and
using SpamAssassian ?!
Really this 400 connection simultaneously can be limit for spam software ?!
I mean Anybody can handle more ?!
I have to design distributed environment ?!

My Hardware is (for spam)
            2 X PIII 1G +  1 GB RAM + 2 DISK RAID 0 SCSI 10000 RPM

Thanks
Vahric