5.X apache / php problem

John Peterson john at mytechsupport.com
Fri Oct 1 08:48:01 PDT 2004

I do web hosting and 2 of my machines are running freebsd 5.x
one 5.1 and the other 5.2 .   Everything works great except for
php always get these weird errors like these:
PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '^A' (ASCII=1) state=1 in
/home/mytech/public_html/horde/lib/Browser.
php on line 133
PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '^F' (ASCII=6) state=1 in
/home/wecare/public_html/app/login.html on
line 22

then you reload the page and it goes away.  Its totally random
it will be fine for awhile then just have a bunch of these errors then
go away...  Its like it randomly swaps characters in memory like a curly
brace
for something else in the php script, causing the script to error.  It
seems if I restart apache
it fixes it for awhile as well... Making me think it may be something
with apache and the way
it handles memory, maybe its overrunning its allocated memory and
swapping grabage for the
memory location that the php script is running ... ?  Just wonder if 5.x
and apache/php has problems
I have tried apache 2.x and 1.3.x and php any version with the same results.
Has anyone else had these sorts of problem with 5.x and apache/php ????

Thanks,
John Peterson