php4 port build changes

David Peter Hansen dph at infopaq.dk
Tue Jul 27 11:50:57 PDT 2004

> Apparently a few days ago the entire build process for
> php4 has been changed. But documentation on how to select
> extensions is nowhere to be found (at least I couldn't find
> it). The end result is that basic items like session support,
> mysql support, etc will break if you upgrade.
>
> Anybody know where the docs are on how to activate php extensions?

>From /usr/ports/UPDATING:

20040719:
  AFFECTS: users of PHP
  AUTHOR: ale at FreeBSD.org

  The old lang/php4 and lang/php5 ports have been splitted into 'base'
PHP,
  PEAR, and shared extensions to allow more flexibility and add new
features.
  Upgrading your current PHP installation will result in a 'base' PHP
  installation (no PEAR and no extensions).
  PEAR can be found in the new devel/php4-pear and devel/php5-pear
ports, while
  the set of PHP extensions to install can be choosen via the meta-ports
  lang/php4-extensions and lang/php5-extensions, or installing singular
  extensions individually.

/david