Bridging firewall without ip question

Don Mohlmaster freebsd-isp at mistif.org
Tue Jul 27 07:30:56 PDT 2004

I am currently running a Bridged firewall that is setup with three
interfaces.  Two interfaces are bridged and have no ip address assigned
to either of them.  The third interface is set up for administration and
is not configured in the bridge group.  It is locked up tight.  The
issue is, I am constantly receiving the following error message:

/kernel: arp: *MACADDRESS of one of the bridged ifaces* is using my IP
address *IPADDRESS of the administrative interface*

The bridge is passing traffic, filtering, logging without issue.  But, I
do not like the fact that it's unhappy.  Any suggestions?

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p11 #5
Ipfw
Bridging compiled into kernel
Rc.conf configured only one iface (administrative with ip address)

Thank you,
Don
CPU-NET.Com, Inc  Customer Service

http://www.cpu-net.com <http://www.cpu-net.com/>