php accelerators

Mikolaj Rydzewski miki at ceti.pl
Thu Jul 15 00:29:29 PDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > I've been using turck-mmcache for its encryption feature. Unfortunatelly I
> > have to confirm that apache with turck-mmcache segfaults. Are there any
> > other free encyption-capable php acceleratos?
>
> what verison of apache?  I've used mmcache on apache 1 without any
> problems, as recently as two weeks ago ...

Apache 1.3.26 + mod_gzip + php 4.3.4 (or somethig similiar) with various
modules compiled in. It's been a while ago, now I'm not using
turck-mmcache. There were plenty entries in logile 'httpd (pid) exited
with signal ...' when turck.. was active. Only child apache processess
segfaulted, main process was still active. So - to the web site user -
there was nothing wrong, but apache was dying frequently ;-) Of course
problems disappeared after deactivating turck-mmcache. Well, I can give it
a try again.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski       <miki at ceti.pl>       http://ceti.pl/~miki/
                     PGP KeyID: 8b12ab02