samba on freebsd compared to linux

Ísak Ben. isak at isak.is
Wed Jul 7 04:45:10 PDT 2004

   add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
   delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
   add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g

   delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
   add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
   add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false \
   -d /dev/null %u
   useradd -g machine -c whatever -d /dev/null -s /bin/false -n machinename$

We who have setup samba servers know these lines well...

But my question is: Has anyone done this with freebsd tools like pw and so on ?

Im setting up a server for 20-30 clients and i think ldap is a bit of an overkill for that.....maybe someone has
done this already without using ldap and can share with the rest of us ? ;)

--
Ísak Ben,
http://www.isak.is