BGP4 using FreeBSD

Juan Jose Sanchez Mesa juanjo.listas at dobleJ.net
Sat Jan 24 11:00:14 PST 2004

Hi!

(sorry for my bad english)

Currently we have only one carrier to connect to the Internet. Now, we are thinking in add one more carrier, but doing BGP for redundancy and reliability.

We are looking to implement it via software using FreeBSD to replace the expensive Cisco router needed to do BGP.

Searching Google we found software from FutureSoft and from Merit Research (BSD license) that do BGP routing, but we want to know if this really can compete with a complete Cisco (or other manufacturer) hardware solution.

Any experiences about this ?

Thanks to all.