Inserting html/frame/banner to requested webpage by proxy/gateway

Gunnarsson, Mikael Mikael.Gunnarsson at octapharma.se
Wed Apr 28 06:39:11 PDT 2004

Please don't crosspost.

I don't know of any proxy software that lets you change the content it passes in such a way.. You'd probably have to hack something up yourself.

I question the point though. If it's outgoing content you want to modify, it would probably be easier to let the web server itself add a header/footer or whatever it is you want to add.

If it's incoming web pages you want to modify, I question the ethic of it. Would YOU like to use a web proxy that adds banners to every page you visit?

Also, it would probably screw up the rendering of most non-simple pages, so there's technical issues as well..