tcpdump for sniffing POP3 -- methods ?

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Tue Apr 13 12:20:37 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004, Adam Maloney wrote:
>I've done this in the past.  I had tcpdump spitting out all the dst port
>110 packets to a file.  Then a perl script with Net::TCPDump (or
>whatever it's called) to parse it.

The tcpflow program makes this far easier as it separates each
connection out into its own file.  The command line options for
tcpflow are about the same as tcpdump.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

It's very glamorous to raise millions of dollars, until it's time for the
venture capitalist to suck your eyeballs out.
		-- Peter Kennedy, chairman of Kraft & Kennedy.