mail server recommendations?

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Mon Apr 12 15:44:32 PDT 2004

We have sold Communigate Pro (http://www.ish.com.au/communigate) to
customers with up to 30,000 accounts. Others run up to 100,000 on a
single server, more in a cluster. It runs great on FreeBSD and that is
the combination we usually recommend and use ourselves. It costs money,
but you didn't say whether you wanted a free or commercial product. You
also don't mention how many accounts you need to run, as that has a big
bearing on the cost of a commercial offering compared to putting
together the elements you need yourself (webmail, IMAP, SMTP, SSL,
MAPI, etc).

You can download a fully working version of the product for trial
purposes.

Cheers
Ari Maniatis

On 13/04/2004, at 3:38 AM, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

> I'm looking for a decent solution for a mail server software package.
> We need SASL, IMAP, pop3ssl, antivirus, and mime-type filtering.  In
> an ideal world, we'd have the ability to create mail accounts without
> creating user accounts.

ish group pty ltd
7 Darghan St Glebe 2037 Australia
phone +61 2 9660 1400   fax +61 2 9660 7400
http www.ish.com.au | email info at ish.com.au
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8