WHOIS Server

David Wolfskill david at egation.com
Wed Apr 7 11:08:06 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 07:08:25PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>Hello people,
>
>I am lost as to where to do whois queries these days. It seems that
>every TLD extension has been assigned to some particular registrar (or
>what do I call it?)
>What is the sane way of doing whois for "any" domain extension
>(.com/.org/.biz, etc)?

I don't seem to have a problem merely using the "whois" included as part
of FreeBSD.  (Back when LACNIC started being used more often, the
FreeBSD-supplied program didn't have support to use it implicitly, as it
did for RIPE, so I cobbled up a patch & submitted a PR....)

If you're having a problem using the "whois" program, perhaps
identifying that problem would help.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill                                 david at egation.com