static ARP

vezku at surfeu.fi vezku at surfeu.fi
Tue Sep 23 23:55:59 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I was thinking about the following scenario. I have one interface in my
BSD router that serves a private network.

Is it possible to disable ARP on that interface and make static ARP
entries on router? I'm looking for a way to allow only certain MAC
addresses to access via this interface. I do know it's only false
security, but it would prevent people adding easily unauthorized
computers. And since there are only about 10 comps in this particular
network, maintaining static ARP entries would not be worksome.

I would not like to get into bridging if this works.

-Vesa, SysAdmin