how to implement a logging of a anonymous-cvs server

Marc Schoechlin ms-freebsd at bart.LF.net
Tue Sep 2 05:42:12 PDT 2003

Hi !

I would like to implement a logging of a public anonymous-cvs server.

How can I get a logile which gives me information
about any access to the repository
(regardless of the type of access)?

I know that there is a logfile which contains the commit-
add-, and remove-operations (CVROOT/history).

The background of this question is, that I´m maintaining
a small open-source-project, and I would like know who is
using and testing my software :-))

If I activate logging for inetd, also all the other inetd-sessions
are logged (i.e. ftp-transfers) - and that decreases the free space
of  my harddisk very quickly :-))

Maybe there is a way to decrease the logging of inetd/syslogd
to cvs-connections ?

Best regards

Marc Schoechlin

--

Gruss / Best regards  |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-413
Marc Schoechlin       |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33