Bind 9 and FreeBSD

Lewis Watson lists at visionsix.com
Sun Mar 30 17:02:47 PST 2003

Hey folks,
I currently have two DNS servers running Bind 9 compiled from source on RH
Linux. I would like to move each of these to FreeBSD and am reading the
various suggestions that I have found on the web for building from src. vs
using the port vs building or having it where it works with the flags in
rc.conf (this is my preferred choice).

I then read where someone recommended using 8 over 9!!? Just curious as to
what the opinions are on the list. Personally I would like to use 9 as I
am familiar with it already and at the same time I would like to use the
rc.conf config flags.
Thanks for your thoughts and shared experiences.
Lewis