update filesystem problems - still unsolved but new evidence

Patrik Forsberg patrik.forsberg at dataphone.net
Wed Mar 26 07:44:20 PST 2003

<snip>
> > I am running the du / pipeing it into a file (on another
> > partition of
> > course) and
> > will sort it quickly. Maybe this gives a clue too.

Id try a "du -hsx /" and see what exacly is taking up the space.

Move out /etc/named to /var/named or something and reconfigure named for
it.

Do a "find / -x -iname "*core*" -print" and see if you have and stale
core-files somewhere taking up the space - and if so erase them.

> > Any help in solving that very appreciated.
> >

> Have you tried removing logs, and rebooting the daemons they

Um.. he have a seperate /var so I dont think that could be the problem..

> Might work.. might not.. just a thought.. I didn't read the

Its a few things to try.. but if it is still growing something is taking
up some major space by now and I dont think just enlarging the disk
would fix this permanently.

Good luck,
patrik