routing according to traffic type...

Enno Davids enno.davids at metva.com.au
Fri Dec 12 05:49:27 PST 2003

Guys'n'gals,

not sure this is the right forum for this, but I suspect there may be
someone here who can point me at the right bit of doco...

I currently have two systems in my home office each acting as gateway/firewall
to two different network providers. One is attached to a cable network and
is used predominantly for a squid to get fast access to the net for web
browsing. The other system is the general gateway with the publically visible
addresses and is used for more general purpose things. (mail, dns, etc)

So, its time to retire the mail, dns gateway and ideally I'd like to
consolidate the two systems into one. To do this I'd need some way to tell
that single system to push its web traffic out one interface and everything
else out another. Is there a way of doing this on fbsd or indeed is there
a best way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Enno.