Serial line fbsd installation with no CD

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Sat Apr 12 06:36:43 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I have two colocated servers in the US and I'm in the UK.  I need to install
FreeBSD 4.8 from scratch across a serial connection that exists between the
two servers.  The current OS are FreeBSD 4.6.2 and as such I am unable to
adequately make world to the latest STABLE release.

Further I do not have the option of installing from a CDROM installed on
the server.  Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so how did you
resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jez