chan_capi error after update

Andreas Longwitz longwitz at incore.de
Sun Feb 21 22:55:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Looks good to me. What happens when you try to dial IN/OUT. Nothing works?
> And did you try "capitest" to make a CAPI test call?
> Can you describe a bit more what is not working?
>
> --HPS

On first dial OUT asterisk crashed with core dump and therefore I first
tried to get rid of the messages

  ERROR[988] chan_capi.c: CAPI error sending CAPI_FACILITY_REQ

In the meantime I have inspected the core dumps and found the crash
happens in the library libexecinfo.so.1, which is activated by asterisk
because I have

  ASTCFLAGS+=-DDEBUG_THREADS -DBETTER_BACKTRACES -DNO_OPTIMIZE

in the configure step. Then I found PR/193610 which includes your
comment to the compiler flag "-fno-omit-frame-pointer". After adding
this flag to the asterisk18 Makefile the dumps are gone and on my
(small) test machine everything works as expected.

Maybe it is better to use this flag for chan_capi too ?

--
Andreas Longwitz