9.2 panic with wcb4xxp (dahdi-kmod26-2.6.1.r10738)

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Mon Sep 23 15:00:51 UTC 2013

 Bezüglich Amitabh Kant's Nachricht vom 21.09.2013 03:24 (localtime):
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Harald Schmalzbauer
> <h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de <mailto:h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     unloading the kernel module of dahdi-kmod26-2.6.1.r10738 leads to this
>     panic:
>

> <snip>
>
>     wcb4xxp0: <6>Did not do the highestorder stuff
>     <6>dahdi: Detected time shift.
>     <5>dahdi_echocan_mg2: Registered echo canceler 'MG2'
>
>     Starting asterisk afterwards also leads to panic.
>     I guess dahdi development stalled, but I wanted to try it because I'd
>     prefer freeswitch and need BRI support...
>     Is somebody familiar with dahdi and interested in making it work with
>     FreeBSD 9.2?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     -Harry (not subscribed to isdn@)
>

> Have you been able to solve the problem? I am running Freeswitch (from
> git, not port) and dahdi/dahdi-kmod26 (from port) with PRI line
> (Digium 8 span and single span) without any problems on 9.1. Will test
> it on 9.2 and get back to you if I see a panic .
Hello Amitabh,

couldn't solve my problem.
First, dahdi_scan doesn't detect ports jumpered to NT mode. I need 2 ports in NT mode, so trying anything else with dahdi before my settings get correctly recognized is probably not worth the time.
Also I have to investigate if it is still true that libpri doesn't support ptmp in NT mode!?!
In general, the freebsd dahdi port doesn't seem to be in good shape; Couldn't find any docs about sysctls (dahdi.wcb4xxp.teignorered, '-d' shows nothing :-( ), no man page – hard to find out anything about dahdi in FreeBSD, not even the supported hardwhere seems to be documentend anywhere...

Any hints highly appreciated, although I think the better way was to teach FreeTDM speaking CAPI. HPS does a great job keeping all kind of ISDN hardware supported by i4b (ISDN4BSD)!
Or to make chan_capi work with asterisk11 – the lesser evil than fighting dahid...

Thanks,

-Harry