Asterisk with ISDN4BSD

Oliver von Bueren ovb at ovb.ch
Tue Sep 4 00:36:17 PDT 2007

> > I've a strange problem which I just started to notice. I've connected my
> > asterisk box to a P2P ISDN line (telco provider) with a FritzCard.
> > Running the i4b by hps on a FreeBSD 6.2-p7
> >
> > It seems that on every second INCOMING call, the audio signal is not
> > routed from the ISDN to the SIP phone. Outgoing is ok.
> >
> > In this example, it worked, calling from an external number to DDI 41
>
> The problem is most likely related to the FIFO stopping on the Fritz Card.
>
> Have you tried with an HFC-XXX card from colognechip ?

No, not on this Machine and I don't have one of those around (beside the ones
for ISA:-)). What type of inexpensive HFC-XXX card would you suggest to buy for
a one-channel S0 solution? I've seen that Beronet has a "Single Port HFC S0
Card". I guess that one should be quite inexpensive.
Any other suggestions?

For the time being: Just restarting FreeBSD does not unblock the second channel,
so I did a complete shutdown, removed power and started again. That did get it
going on both channels again, but I don't know for how long.
For a fix until I've got another card, is there any method of resetting the card
to it's power-up state without a complete power down?

   Oliver