Support of ISDN Subsystem under Freebsd 6.x/7.x - amd64

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sun Dec 2 17:03:33 PST 2007

On Monday 03 December 2007, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> On Sunday 02 December 2007 21:18:54 Oliver von Bueren wrote:
> > I understand the problem with finding someone able and willing to lend
> > HPS a hand in getting it in in the first place.
>
> This is not the problem. Hans Petter has been offered several roads to
> walk for years to get his code in one way or the other into the tree
> but he refused to walk any and all of them and this is the reason why
> the code in question is not in the tree.
>
> This subject has been discussed to death in private and in public, please
> see the isdn list archives for the public part of the discussion.
>
> hellmuth

Hi,

The only way offered so far is the incremental patch way.

The problem is that I don't have time to turn all of my changes into an
incremental approach. It is too time consuming. Anyway there will be several
hundred incremental patches, and I doubt that Hellmuth does ever have time to
review that.

Regarding the subject of ISDN: The hardware interface that ISDN uses might be
old-fashioned and slow, but the theory of setting up and tearing down calls
is not oldfashioned. I would say that not knowing ISDN in the phone business
is like going to church without having read the Bible.

The current status of my ISDN project is that the code is stable and many
people use it.

Outstanding issues so far:

- Improve the Echo Canceller which now uses integer FFT.
- Get rid of some macros.
- Style the code.

I suspect this will be finished some time after Christmas, because I'm very
busy with my USB project at the moment. It would be nice to have my ISDN code
in the FreeBSD tree, but I think that must wait until I have finished my USB
stuff. Maybe we should continue this discussion after Christmas?

--HPS