Asterisk on FreeBSD + Passive ISDN BRI

Thomas Wintergerst Thomas.Wintergerst at nord-com.net
Thu Jun 2 13:38:42 PDT 2005

Hi,

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <95321E77-C79C-4BB7-9E5B-739849F6C365 at cian.ws>, Cian Hughes writes:
>

>>Ok, from what I can see _NO_ passive ISDN cards will work with
>>Asterisk on freebsd, is this correct & is it likely to change soon?
>

> We talked about the future prospects for I4B at the developer summit
> at BSDcan, and the conclusion was that it would be great if it got
> a new lease on life through Asterix, but nobody signed up for
> doing it.

Maybe one should think of doing this over CAPI (and c4b, of course).
This would "only" need a driver for passive ISDN boards. If someone
could rewrite the existing D-channel stack, I could come up with a CAPI
driver layer on top of it. Sure, the interface must still be defined.
And as you and Hellmuth mentioned, one would need a volunteer...

--
Regards,
Thomas