unable to trace B channel

Fri Apr 15 19:56:41 PDT 2005

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

>On Friday 15 April 2005 18:46, Christoph Hoenig wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I installed 5.3-release in order to trace the b channel with isdntrace
>>in analyze mode. Unfortunately I was only able to trace the incoming and
>>outgoing D channel data.
>>
>># isdntrace -a -b -d -B
>>
>>Althoug I supplied the necessary -b switch no B Channel data is
>>recorded. When turning off the D channel trace like in the command above
>>(-d), the size of the binary dump is always 0Kb. With the documentation
>>in mind I thought something was wrong about the i4brbch device. But at
>>boot time everything seems to work quite well:
>>
>>kernel: isic0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
>>kernel: isic0 at port
>>0xb00-0xb1f,0x300-0x31f,0x1300-0x131f,0xee0-0xeff,0x6e0-0x6ff,0x16e0-0x16ff
>>,0x1b00-0x1b1f irq 10 flags 0x4 on isa0
>>kernel: isic0: passive stack unit 0
>>kernel: isic0: AVM A1 or Fritz!Card Classic
>>kernel: isic1: [GIANT-LOCKED]
>>kernel: isic1 at port
>>0xa40-0xa5f,0x240-0x25f,0x1240-0x125f,0xe20-0xe3f,0x620-0x63f,0x1620-0x163f
>>,0x1a40-0x1a5f irq 11 flags 0x4 on isa0
>>kernel: isic1: passive stack unit 1
>>kernel: isic1: AVM A1 or Fritz!Card Classic
>>kernel: i4bipr: 4 IP over raw HDLC ISDN device(s) attached (VJ header
>>compression)
>>kernel: i4bctl: ISDN system control port attached
>>kernel: i4brbch: 4 raw B channel access device(s) attached
>>kernel: i4bisppp: 4 ISDN SyncPPP device(s) attached
>>kernel: i4b: ISDN call control device attached
>>kernel: i4btel: 4 ISDN telephony interface device(s) attached
>>kernel: i4btrc: 4 ISDN trace device(s) attached
>>
>>The irqs used by my 2 non-PnP ISA Cards (AVM Fritz!) are reserved for
>>isa slot use in the bios. I also tried to take a look at the debug ouput
>>printed to the screen after a `isdndebug -m`. I don't really understand
>>the ouput but at least I didn't found anything that looked like an error.
>>Would be grateful to hear about things I can try, as the i4b doc, FAQ,
>>Google and mailinglist archive didn't help on solving my problem.
>>
>>Christoph
>>

>Which of the two ISDN cards are you using? You might have to add "-u 1" to the
>options line. isdntrace does only trace for one unit at a time and it doesn't
>trace the B-channel unless isdnd and a connection is active on your ISDN
>card.
>
>--HPS

I use both cards for tracing which is analyze mode ( described by
http://people.freebsd.org/~hm/i4b-1001/node57.html ). Therefore I use
the -R and -T switch for specifying the device insted of -u. However, in
my setup this isn't necessary because the transmit an receive lines are
connected to my cards like in the default configuration of isdntrace
(receive on unit0 and transmit on unit1). Even when supplying -R 0 and
-T 1 I still cannot dump B channel data (same applies to -R 1 and -T 0).
Thanks anyway.

Christoph