need to get online with 5.2.1 again

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Thu Mar 11 23:19:57 PST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:35:30PM +0100, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> "C. Kukulies" writes:
> > I'm having great havoc at the moment. Disk crash - one of the
> > infamous IBM Desk Stars crashed on me.
> >
> > I set up a fresh 5.2.1 system, established the old
> > conf files but can't get a connection. Can anyone look at this
> >
> [big snip]
>
> So where's the problem? It all looks normal to me.

Ah yes, the problem: No connection is made. isp0 always
has 0.0.0.0 -> 132.130.10.1 (or what the peer is)

It might be a problem with ipfw not correctly configured but
I took all the config files from a previous installation.

> You might try removing IP6 support from the kernel, that's the only
> thing that occurs me.

OK, will try that.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_physik.rwth-aachen.de