Eicon or Telewell ISDN card support

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Wed Apr 21 12:46:14 PDT 2004

Hi Gary!

On 2004-04-20 20:44, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> Jan Mikael Melen writes:
>
>>Does anyone know If the Eicon Diva Pro 2.0 PCI or Telewell ISDN PCI (Hfc)
>>passive is supported in any FreeBSD version? Next question is, what device
>>driver should be added to kernel config?
>>

> You could try the Telewell with the ihfc driver, see the man page. I
> don't know whether the Diva is supported, but I suspect that it isn't.

I've double checked it 1.5 years ago and found no support for the
semi-active cards Eicon Diva Pro (ISA) and Eicon Diva Pro PCI (neither
V2.0 boards or not). I wanted to use a Diva Pro PCI 2.0 but due to the
lack of support am having now a Fritz PCI 2.0 in use.

The problem with the semi-active Eicon cards is (that's what I've been
told) the code for the DSP which has to be loaded into the board. This
code is closed source and so we will never see any Diva Pro support as
long as policies doesn't change.

HTH,

Volker