56k DoV

Sergio de Souza Prallon prallon at tmp.com.br
Tue Jun 10 21:25:32 PDT 2003

Hi,

I wrote the driver for this card, but I never had any experience with DoV
(it's not an issue in my country). AFAIK, involves "cheating" the bearer
codes (which can be done - there is at least one patch from NetJet Inc
for it) AND (in the 56K case) ignore the 7th bit of every byte sent or
received does not exists while enconding or decoding the HDLC frames.
Unfortunately, this is not handled by the HDLC encoder/decoder package I
use. It may be possible to hack it, but I don't know for sure, the code
is heavily optimized. I'd sugest you to contact Hans Petter Selasky, the
original author of the encoder.

Hope this helps.

[]'s

--