Notice on upcoming ipdbtools 1.1.1

Dr. Rolf Jansen rj at obsigna.com
Sun Aug 14 15:15:32 UTC 2016

As was noticed by the port maintainer, the initial release of ipdbtools 1.1.0 into the ports did not compile on i386 systems because the lack of the __uint128_t data type on 32bit systems, and which was used for IPv6 computing.

In the meantime, I rolled in the necessary uint128 comparison, shift and basic arithmetic operations that provide the missing built-in __uint128_t operations on 32bit systems. The 64bit targets x86-64 and arm64 continue to utilize the built-in operations.

The changes are ready on GitHub, and I will submit a changed port PR on Monday (tomorrow) night, most of the post-mortem fixes since the initial release are included -- I won't rename the tool 'ipup', though.

Best regards

Rolf