chnage source of IPFW

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Mon Jun 1 14:22:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 11:44 AM, samira <nazari.s11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello every one,
> I want to add a parameter in commands for ipfw,  like " ipfw add allow udp
> from any to any *udpdatalen 10 * ".

​adding commands is doable but it requires you to touch
multiple parts of the code, namely:

- the parsing function in userspace
- the decoding function in userspace
- the validate function in the kernel (typically one case
  in a large switch() statement)
- the function implementation in the kernel (one case in
  another, even bigger switch statement)

For things like "udpdatalen X" you might be better off
doing something like " ... udp iplen X+20 ..."

cheers
luigi
​