FreeBSD as incoming pppoe Server

Fazal Ahmed Malik fazal1976 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 05:02:56 UTC 2014

Hello,

have FreeBSD 8 working as pppoe dialin server.
Server
was working perfect with mpd5,Freeradius and ipfw firewall. For last few days I
am having problem my server become unreachable from internet. Firstly I thought
there is problem with NIC so I changed but problem is persisting. Than I stared
dig out deeply when I run tcpdump I see lot of packets for those ip’s which are
not even online at that time.
when ip become online server traffic also become normal

My upstream also complains that at that
particular time their router queue is increased and almost router stuck
up.
Now
if we restart server or shutdown the interface facing internet for 5 to 10 min
every thing becomes normal.

think some tweak in ipfw rules is required.
Need
help to resolve this issue.

Thanks and
Regards,