ipfw with nat - allowing by MAC address

Lubomir Georgiev 0shady0recs0 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 20:20:22 UTC 2007

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-bridging.html
>--
>Best regards,
>Fratiman                            mailto:vladone at spaingsm.com

Thanks for your response. I'd like to make one thing clear - my idea is to
just have a machine which NATs the others. I never intended to use it as a
bridge - even though in purpose natting and bridging have similarities. The
previous response also included if_bridge and I can't understand why people
keep writing about the bridge module when I'm trying to set up IPFW + NAT.
>From what I've read I understand that these two are not connected - or are
they?  Someone please tell me whether I need the if_bridge module compiled
into my kernel for an IPFW + NAT with MAC address filtering setup to work
and why?

As for spoofing - I think that spoofing an IP address requires *a lot* less
computer knowledge than MAC address spoofing. Anyway - I'd really appreciate
it if someone could put an end to my misery...