Problem with high load on Xeon server...

Henry Blackman h.blackman at chester.ac.uk
Sun May 1 08:54:28 PDT 2005

There are better ways of achieving what you're trying to do.  Using
black lists (spamcop.net etc) is more efficient, but of course is
resource intensive for busy servers - it is however dramatically
better than doing what you're doing, which probably isn't sustainable
in the longer term.

I'd take a look at SpamAssassin, or you can simply use blacklists
bl.spamcop.net and others, in sendmail.  SpamAssassin can also do
other things, than simply block IP addresses...

Henry