ip6fw and dynamic rules

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Wed Sep 22 14:26:58 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:37:57AM -0700, Muk Dunkin wrote:
> Does anyone know what's the plan for supporting
> dynamic stateful rules in ip6fw?

It isn't likely to happen. ip6fw is almost certaintly headed for the
scrap yard.  However, I recently posted a patch to this list based on
the work of one of Luigi's students that adds ipfw support for IPv6.  I
didn't test the packet filtering extensivly since I was intrested in
dummynet, but you might want to take a look at it.

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=62714+0+archive/2004/freebsd-ipfw/20040905.freebsd-ipfw

-- Brooks