Dummynet IPv6 support

Aris Dwi Rahmana arisdr_99 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 03:49:50 PDT 2004

 --- Kovácsházi_zsolt <kz365 at hszk.bme.hu> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been reading the archive for nearly a week to find something about
> dummynet's IPv6 support
> I've tried applíying the patch but it doesn't compile
> I get a lot of errors
>
> is there a working version of dummynet with IPv6 support?
>
> I'm using freeBSD 4.10
>
> zsolt

I have tried compiling dummynet with IPv6 support and succed. I used patch
from this link bellow :

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=19434+107032+/usr/local/www/
db/text/2004/freebsd-ipfw/20040328.freebsd-ipfw

Don't forget to add "IPFW2=YES" in /etc/make.conf and there is some minor
change in ip_fw.h in order to make compiling proces works. You have to
edit the file and change line contain "IF IPFW2" with "IF TRUE" (i am
forget wich line is it, because my note is missing). Then just follow the
instruction from Luigi Rizzo. After you compile IPFW2, don't forget to
change line that you have change before (change line "IF TRUE" with "IF
IPFW2" back again). Then use command "make install".

FYI, i used freebsd 4.90 and installation only works in my pc with pentium
4 proccessor. I dont know why it doesn't work in my pc with pentium III or below.