ipfw2 & kern/60377 patch (tee) does not work together?

Andrew Degtiariov ad at astral-on.net
Sat Feb 28 01:31:21 PST 2004

It's work for me.
$uname -mrs
FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 i386
$

My kernel config contains following lines:

options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options         IPFW2
options         IPDIVERT
options         DUMMYNET

And in /etc/make.conf:
IPFW2=true

Luigi, can you see at kern/60377 and review its?

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 04:09:22PM +0300, Vasenin Alexander aka BlackSir wrote:
> Anyone tried to use kern/60377 patch with ipfw2? (Solving 'tee' problem)
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/60377
> I've installed it (with the final correction(misplaced return)), recompiled
> kernel & ipfw. When I type `ipfw sh` I've got only error message ipfw:
> getsockopt(IP_FW_GET): Protocol not available
> Attempt to add any rule follows this message: ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD):
> Protocol not available
> Maybe this patch & ipfw2 cannot coexist?
> 	BlackSir

Andrew Degtiariov
DA-RIPE