gif + ipfw + dummynet for IPv6

Hideki Yamamoto yamamoto436 at oki.com
Tue Aug 31 06:33:15 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to build test environment for IPv6 enable terminal
by using of several FreeBSD boxes as follows:

 {server]--<ipv6>--[FreeBSD box]--<IPv4>--[FreeBSD box]-<IPv6>--[Term]

We plan to use gif interface to transfer IPv6 packet and
shape the trafic by dummynet on IPv4 interface of FreeBSD box.

Before building the environment and testing, I would like to
search for information about feasibility of this test.

I appreciate if anyone try this type of test environment and
inform us of the experience.

Best regards,

Hideki Yamamoto