natd -redirect_port

Dongxiang Liao dongxiang at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 22 20:08:15 PDT 2004

Hey there,

I have been playing with ipfw and natd to setup firewall and port
remap, but having problem with a seemingly trivial situation.

I want to redirect the incoming traffic to port 995 to port 22 on the
same machine.  The man page of natd suggest natd -redirect_port should
do it.  But "natd -redirect_port tcp 22 995" indicate I am missing the
target address and alias address.  I don't quite understand the
situation since I have only one machine itself here.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Dong