natd and tun

Igor Popov Igor at Garant.Koenig.RU
Thu Apr 1 23:17:14 PST 2004

	Hi,
I have a question: would be natd work with tun device? I had already asked
this question when FreeBSD 5.2 were released
Someone have answered to me that I should use ppp builtin nat, because divert
sockets doesn't work with tun. Simple rules like this
	divert all from any to any via tun0
	allow all from any to any
did not work. Now I use ipfilter, but I prefer to use ipfw, it is more usable
on FreeBSD. Also there is OpenBSD' pf, but it is hard to use with dynamically
created interfaces.

--
"I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.
There's a knob called `brightness', but it doesn't work."