ssh/scp filtering, iplen problem

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Sat Sep 20 11:42:24 PDT 2003

Pawel Malachowski <pawmal-posting at freebsd.lublin.pl> wrote:
 > On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 05:10:24PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > According to ipfw(8), there is an "iplen" option for
 > > filtering -- but it filters on an exact size.  What I
 > > need is a way to specify a rule that matches on, say,
 > > packets on port 22 that are larger than 1000 bytes.
 > > Is that possible with IPFW2?
 >
 > Yes, thanks to Luigi it is possible to use iplen ranges.

Thanks, now I found it in 4-stable in the CVS repo.
Unfortunately I'm running 4.8-Release, which doesn't
have that feature.  Well, 4.9 isn't too far in the
future, so I will just wait a little bit.  :-)

Thanks for the hint, Pawel!

Regards
   Oliver

"Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself --
and then a couple of more feet, just to be sure."
        -- Eric Allman