Divert code

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Fri Sep 19 12:45:54 PDT 2003

On 19 Sep 2003 17:30:17 +0200
"Clemens Fischer" <ino-qc at spotteswoode.de.eu.org> wrote:

> naa, that's not in the least dirty.  i've been a happy user of the
> daemontools for quite some time now, it's a very helpful kit.

It's not dirty to try to keep your daemon up. Like you, I use
daemontools on critical daemon who need to be working all the time, like
logs dispatchers, but we need to know why it dies. supervise is a tools,
not a solution. Using daemontools is a good way to not be awaken during
the night :-)
In this particulary case, I probably make the daemon catch signals to
crash "gracefully" and remove divert rule before dying. IDS are very
helpful but they mustn't cause a downtime, IMHO.

regards,
clem